Monthly Archives: November 2013
“ROOFIES” “The Hangover movie” drug
What exactly is a Roofie? Flunitrazepam (pronounced /ˌfluːnɨˈtræzɨpæm/)
A short-intermediate acting benzodiazepine derivative, flunitrazepam is prescribed for the treatment of severe insomnia, trade name Rohypnol (informally Rufinol) -also marketed in some countries under the trade names Hipnosedon, Hypnodorm, Flunipam, Nilium, Vulbegal, Silece, Darkene, Ilman and Insom.
The drug is sometimes used as a date rape drug, commonly referred to; as a “ROOFIE”
I know someone who was recently the victim of this drug. I pride myself in my ability to stay away from drugs and alcohol.
Yes, I do drink a beer or two or a vodka and cranberry when I go out. So alcohol free? No, but definitely have not been officially drunk for many many years. Recently someone I know who had just one rum and coke, decided to picked up a 16 oz. solo cup a young woman left behind and began to drink whatever she was drinking. Much like the Seinfeld episode where George takes a chocolate éclair from the trash can and begins to eat it. His defense was it was still in its fancy pastry dollie, on top of the trash, and he knew who took one bite out of it. The dude was talking to a young lady; she put her drink down and decided to leave. He got lazy and since her 16oz solo cup was almost full, he began to drink her drink. Within 15 minutes of almost finishing this drink, He went from singing and dancing to passing out, first he putting his head down on the bar, then finding himself on the floor in a corner of the room. One of the young hippie girls he was dancing with, literally picked him up off the floor and guided him to a couch. Where she gave him water and a pillow. At one time during the night he was talking to her, he did not know where he was, where he lived, where his car was? All he knew was he must have gotten so drunk he could not move. It was not until the next morning that he realized the drink intended for that young lady, had the hangover drug in it – called “Roofie” The dude must weight 185lb+ and one rum and coke will not cause him to pass out, neither would whatever drink, she was drinking in solo cup. Since he had lost consciousness the only logic he thought at the time; He must be drunk? He said he felt like vomiting but could not – WHY? Because one rum and coke and at least 32oz of water and ½ large pizza before he left, he felt like vomiting was not alcohol related. I tell this story today because this was really a bad experience.
- How fast did it take effect? Less than 15 minutes after drinking half of that girls drink
- What happened first? he became drowsy, delusional, and needed to lean or sit down
- The Next 5-10 minutes? he knew he was sinking fast, losing it, unable to keep it together.
- Next 15-30 minutes? He does not remember, only remember putting his head down to Sleep?
- After that? A young lady who he was dancing with came and helped him to a couch, she stated the dude quickly went from dancing to passing out and she found him on the floor in the corner of the room? He does not remember how he got to floor?
- How long did it last? Best guess was passed out by 10:00pm and in and out of it till 2am so about 4 hours after drinking that girls drink.
- At 2am? he was able to get up on my own, pass a sobriety test, walk a straight line, and drove home. He knew where he was, where his car was and where he lived. He got home at a piece of pizza and went to bed.
What is really scary about this whole ordeal was the “Roofie” was not meant for him, but the young 20something girl who left her drink behind. Someone at the party had this planned. Keep an eye on her, once she needed to lean or sit, go help her by taking her arm and basically carrying her wherever he wanted, after all the dude weights 185 while she had to be a whole 125 lbs. Scary that this happened to an innocent dude, even scarier that it was meant for someone else. So while everyone laughs at what happened in the movie “HANGOVER” it is serious and an off the wall investigation.
In summary, even though it is a scary thing, He is blessed beyond imagination.
This is not luck. 2 women, he did not know their names? he never met them before and he only talked to them briefly. He did however smile and dance with both of them for about an hour. Yet, purely out of the kindness in their hearts, they spent the time and cared for him, a stranger to them, with no expectation. This was an incredible and unbelievable act of kindness and generosity seldom seen anymore. This is equal to, if not greater than “Miracle on 34th street” or “It’s a wonderful life”
Here are some general facts on Date Rape since the girl at the party most likely knew the guys that were at the party. Although not specifically on a date with one of them, she clearly was there because she knew several people who were there. The statistics are shocking to say the least. Amazing men have stooped so low as to say that 33% of them would commit rape if they could get away with it? Shocking – be careful what you tell me, for I live in a peaceful existence, a non-violent world, but I would literally take you out if you told me you were going to try raping someone. Especially with a “Roofie”
Facts about date rape:
From National Studies Of College Women
* 84% of women who were raped knew their assailants.
* 57% of rapes occurred on a date.
* 25% of men surveyed believed that rape was acceptable if: the woman asks the man out; if the man pays for the date, or the woman goes back to the man’s room after the date.
* 33% of males surveyed said they would commit rape if they definitely could escape detection.
* 84% of male students who had committed acts that clearly met the legal definition of rape said what they had done was definitely not rape.
* 75% of male and 55% of female students in an occurrence of date rape had been drinking or using drugs.
* Only a quarter to a third of women whose sexual assaults met the legal definition of rape considered themselves rape victims.
* Many women do not report or characterize their victimization as a crime for reasons such as embarrassment, because they do not want to define someone who assaulted them as a rapist, or because they do not know the legal definition of rape. Many women blame themselves.
* Nearly 5% of college women are victimized in any given year, meaning over 4 years one-fifth to one quarter of a cohort of women may be assaulted. Similar numbers experienced attempted rape.
* The majority of rapes occur in living quarters–60% in victim’s residence, 10 % in a fraternity, 31 % in other living quarters. Off campus victimizations also took place in bars, dance clubs and work settings.
* 50% of high school boys and 42% of girls said there were times it was acceptable for a male to hold a female down and physically force her to engage in intercourse.
Forcible rape occurs once every 1 hour and 38 minutes throughout the state of Florida. (FDLE Crime Clock, 2010)
The Stats were taken from a College who did a study in 2012
MARRIAGE – SPECIAL REPORT FOR CHRISTMAS by Joe Radgowski
(Stats from Cosmopolitan magazine)
NOTE: About the author; (I have been reading Cosmo and other magazines and articles on line from match dot com, and others for the last 10 years. So my views are not solely based on one survey in the December issue of Cosmo.)
AS we all know more people from around the world get engaged during the Christmas holidays, more than any other time of year. This year Cosmo took a large scale survey of MEN, not women. The views are drastically different than women. The average age of the male surveyed was 30. A similar survey was done a few years ago with the average age for women being around 28. That survey had only 59% of women see Marriage as a goal. This year with all MEN answering the questions it was both heartfelt and warming to know. MEN believe in marriage. Over 83% of men surveyed say they consider Marriage a goal in life they want to achieve. Men indicated that some women are datable but not marriage material. (Have fun but won’t be bringing her home to mom any time soon). They majority 63% said they will not miss having intimate relations with more than one person. Whether or not they lied because after all when things get personal on these surveys everyone lies (You wonder why 79% of men cheat?) LOL
Specific Questions on MARRIAGE
An amazing Lifelong partnership – 79%
Should couples live together before marriage? YES – 56%
HUGE change (has the Catholic Church sanctioned this?)
The Most important things to do before getting married?
Have sex with as many women as you can – 6%
Have a Good solid career and employment – 86%
Own a home – 5%
Have a savings account and retirement account – 16%
(WoW) on home ownership, this tells me that I can be a financial advisor to many young couples. For Home ownership is still the biggest tax break there is.
Regardless of current property values, statistically homes and land basically are great
Investments and hardly ever lose money.
When you think if she is Marriage material?
You think of someone who you can?
Travel the world with, (Amazing Race without the pressure) – 35%
Have sex with the rest of your life – 16%
Start a family with – 73%
What age should you start thinking about commitment to one?
21 – 3%
By 25 – 25%
By 30 – 25%
By 35- 6%
Whenever- You find one true love – 46%
Thoughts of marriage?
Nervous – 12%
Excited – 42%
Indifferent – 36% (this is the same group of men who said Yes to living with each other before marriage, if you are living together getting married is just a formality)
Scared shitless – 2%
Marriages that will need a pre-nup = 12% I got this from women surveyed assume since a pre-nup is mutual agreement between two people both legal and in writing it would be close to being the same for men, it just was not asked
AS of Today Will the wife change her name?
Absolutely – 50%
It’s up to her – 47%
We can combine – 3%
(The first time they all added up to 100%)
This is a huge cultural change before 1960 over 93% of women changed their last name to the mans’ last name
Men’s biggest fear about marriage?
“I fear getting to an age where the pressure to have to get married will make it feel like I have to do it.”
“Worried how life will change with kids? Will I still be able to go hunting, fishing and hang out with the guys?”
“I worry about falling in love, finding my soulmate and not being able to commit to marriage because I don’t have my finance’s together enough to propose.”
“Men assume once you get married you have to act mature and all grown up, they worry they have to grow up and men in general do not want to grow up. We want to play like kids as along as we can.”
(Myth buster, find a women who likes to play with you, it’s called forever young with the right person)
“I am afraid that my wife will become boring and loose her adventurous spirit?” (See myth buster)
Combined from several different sources both men and women agree 89% on this one.
Would you marry a virgin – NO – 89%?
I do not have TV but there was bachelor who stated he was a virgin and the show encourages sleeping together on exotic getaways. Yet 89% of men and women under 30 say no to the virgin? Why? Let’s face it sex is a part of marriage and part of life. I just threw this in. I have a whole blog on the bachelor who declared he was a virgin.
IN Summary, MEN unlike women want to get married.
(Myth buster that men are less committal than women that simply is not true).